819 kere bakıldı , 21 kere indirildi
yakınında: Ḩārat ‘Awālī, Raʼs al Khaymah (United Arab Emirates)
The route should be considered as intermediate. On the one hand, it is a clear well-marked path with no bouldering. There are several benches with tables to take a rest. On the other hand, it is a long way with not much shade, a steep scree slope (section 3), and about 1350m elevation gain. It should not be your first hike in the UAE.
1) Long climb (Start - P-17)
It is a long climb where you gradually go up from the first steps. Almost no shade. There are many manmade steps, trail marks, benches, and tables. You will meet several water-pumping stations on your way.
2) Scree slope (P-17 - P-19)
After a bench, you will start climbing a steep scree slope with many loose rocks. Hiking poles are very useful in this section while going back. This segment is shady and does not have a clear path.
3) Steep zig-zag (P-19 - P-21)
4) Flag path (P-21 - P-25). As soon as you reach a water pumping station you will see a UAE's flag in from of you behind the ridge. This is your final destination. A very scenery segment that lays over a scree gully with a stunning view on the left side. At the end of the path, there are manmade steps. When you reach this point you will see the peak of Jebel Jais on the left side together with the world longest zipline, the UAE's highest restaurant 1484m above sea level on the right side and the mountains of the Northern Emirates in front of you.
1) High-cut hiking shoes
2) 4-5 liters of water, some electrolytes, enough food
3) Sun protective clothing (many parts of the track do not have shade at all)
4) Head lump (it is possible that you will finish after sunset)
1) Hiking poles (useful while going down on the scree slope)